At Christopher Place we are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide us on our digital channels.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We believe it is important for you to know what information we collect and how we treat the information you share with us.
The following policy will explain how your personal information will be treated as you use our digital channels and their features. ‘Personal Information’ includes your name, physical address, e-mail address(es), telephone numbers and other similar information that you provide to us by filling in forms on https://www.christopher-place.co.uk (our site).
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
In addition, we may collect and process information provided by you on publicly accessible areas of third party sites. We do not sell your personal information.
In the case of actions listed above, you will be able to ‘unsubscribe’ to these at any time. It is completely optional for you to register, participate or otherwise provide us with Personal Information in the above situations.
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (if applicable), as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 together with our franchisees.
We will only share your Personal Information outside of our group or franchisees with (a) your consent; (b) as required by law; (c) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets; (d) if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party; or (e) to protect Christopher Place, its customers or the public, with companies that help Christopher Place fulfill its obligations with you, and then only with partners who share Christopher Place commitment to protecting your online privacy.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our digital channels, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our digital channels; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How your information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our channels is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
• To notify you about changes to our service
These communications may take the form of postal mail, telephone calls, e-mail and other methods of contact. Also, agents, service providers and other contractors of Christopher Place who will have access to your Personal Information are required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to fulfill the services they are performing for Christopher Place.
Unsubscribing and data removal
If your Personal Information changes (such as post code, phone, e-mail or postal address), or if you no longer desire to be contacted about our products and services, you can correct, update or delete/deactivate your Personal Information at any time. We take your online privacy very seriously, so if you need any assistance in unsubscribing to future communications please contact us. We will promptly take action to ensure that you are “opted-out” from receiving any further mailing or other information.
Although we will remove your name from our e-mail list as quickly as possible, please recognise that there may be a period of time after you unsubscribe during which you may still receive e-mails from us.
Christopher Place does not seek to collect Personal Information about children through its digital channels and is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors under the age of 18. Parents should supervise the online activities of their children, and consider the use of tools available from online services and software providers that help provide child-friendly Internet environments.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Modifications of this policy
Terms and conditions – Valentine’s Christopher Place competition
To participate in this competition, entrants must Like and Share the competition post on Facebook, as well as Comment and Tag someone to share them with
- This competition will run from Friday 5th February, until 23:59 on Thursday 11th February 2021. Entries made by direct reply to this T&Cs page will not be accepted.
- There will be one winner who will be selected at random who has fulfilled the criteria in 1) above.
- The contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) except for employees of The Pudding Stop, or Workman LLP, as well as all contractors and families or anyone directly connected with these organisations.
- If you are a lucky winner, you will need to provide your email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our winner. Further details will then be provided as to how you claim your prize.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Only one entry per person per day will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same Facebook account, the first entry only each day will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary; however you will need an internet connection and access to Facebook. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the promotion, including in relation to the use of the internet.
- We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time we reserve the right to select a new winner.
- The decisions of the promoter (Workman LLP) are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By taking part in this promotion, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this promotion.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be used for marketing purposes without the individual’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Workman LLP and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- The promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind – including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
- Winners may be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g.: be photographed for website/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Workman LLP, Alliance House, 12 Caxton Street, London SW1H 0QS. Website address: www.workman.co.uk Registered in England, No. OC327825