Position Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Assistant Manager, Senior Sales Associate, Sales Associates
To manage the overall operation of the store to ensure that assigned store productivity and sales and profitability goals are achieved or exceeded. To provide excellent customer service standards and ensure that ‘clientelling’ and preferred customer programs are actioned by all staff members. To ensure that merchandising objectives, operating standards and controllable costs are managed effectively. To devise and implement store planning and staff development programmes to achieve sales, profitability and development objectives.
Key Result Areas
- Achieve and, wherever possible, exceed sales and profit budgets and corporate and individual productivity goals for self, team and store to maximise customer conversion and add on selling results by close monitoring of KPI measurements. To take appropriate action to address performance issues where necessary.
- Be responsible for planning, co-ordination and implementation of a store event and promotional calendar.
- Set, communicate, monitor and achieve the highest standards of customer care.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop the team to optimise store performance to reflect the brand qualities. Ensure all staff possess excellent product knowledge and are regularly trained on new merchandise prior to launch.
- Establish effective management of store personnel within payroll budgets to guarantee optimum shop floor cover at key trading periods.
- Adhere to FF Group recruitment and HR policies and procedures as outlined in the Store Policies and Procedures Manual to ensure that statutory requirements are met and maintained
- Ensure that all staff adhere to policies and procedures in respect of Health and Safety security at the store.
- Be responsible for achieving the highest standards of visual merchandising and presentation in line with pre-determined company initiatives whilst setting and maintaining the highest housekeeping standards.
- Ensure that stock levels are regularly reviewed and maintained to maximise sales and liaise direct the merchandising team to ensure store adhering to the required stands. Where necessary, takes corrective action.
- Actively manage all direct expense budgets.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with in a sympathetic and timely manner and that a monitoring process is established in order that effective and timely solutions to customer issues are put in place.
- Develop action plans to increase sales, address problem areas and capitalise on trends and identify ways to increase sales through analysis of the store business sales reports.
- Be accountable for regular cycle counts to maintain data integrity and undertake regular preparation and execution of bi-annual stock takes.
- Ensure effective communication to all team members of store performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Take steps to ensure that the company property and stock is secure and implement full security checks to ensure that company procedures and processes are being carried out.
Competencies and Experience
- Demonstrable success gained in a store manager position preferably with a recognised brand
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable sales skills
- Ability to drive sales and motivate a luxury team
- Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Shows ‘hunger’ and ambition to drive through initiatives and change to achieve company targets
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrates an ability to plan the work of the team to achieve the company goals
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Is aware of constraints and analyses risks
- Ensure all team/department reporting is completed on a timely basis
- Works effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrates respect and politeness and regularly exceeds customer expectations
- Liaises frequently with customers to keep them fully informed
- Shows innovation and initiative in setting customer care standards
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly
- Experience of leading teams in excess of 5 in a retail environment
Fresh, Passionate, Optimism, Liberated, Spirited, Alive
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Understand and represent the brand attributes
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
- Always presents a professional image
- Professionalism is maintained under all circumstances
- Acts as an inspiration to others
- Self-motivator and leader
- Actively seeks self-development opportunities
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets