Position Reports to: Store Manager
To support and, in the absence of the manager, manage the overall operation of the store and contribute to the assigned store productivity, sales and productivity goals ensuring that they are met or exceeded. To assist in the store’s provision of excellent customer service support ‘clientelling’ and preferred customer programs and supervising staff members’ activity in this area. To work with the Store Manager to ensure that merchandising objectives, operating standards and controllable costs are managed effectively. To assist in the implementation of store planning and staff development programmes to achieve sales, profitability and development objectives.
Key Result Areas
- To contribute to the achievement of sales and profit targets and corporate and individual productivity goals for self, team and store to maximise customer conversion and add on selling results by close monitoring of KPI performance. To take appropriate action in conjunction with the store manager to address performance issues where necessary.
- To assist in the Store’s planning, co-ordination and implementation of events and the promotional calendar.
- To assist the store manager to communicate, monitor and maintain the highest standards of customer care within the Store.
- To assist the store manager in the recruitment, training, motivation and development of the team to optimise store performance to reflect the brand qualities. To assist the store manager in ensuring that all staff possess excellent product knowledge and are regularly trained on new products and approaches.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to policies and procedures in respect of Health and
Safety security in the store at all times.
- To assist in the maintenance of the highest standards of visual maintaining the highest house-keeping standards.
- To ensure that stock levels are regularly reviewed to maximise sales and liaise directly with the visual merchandising team to ensure store adheres to the required standards. Where necessary, take corrective action.
- To ensue that all customer complaints are dealt with in a sympathetic and timely manner and that a monitoring process is established in order that effective and timely solutions to customer issues are put in place.
- To develop action plans to increase sales, address problem areas and capitalise on trends and identify ways to increase sales through analysis of the store business sales reports.
- To be accountable for regular cycle counts to maintain data integrity and undertake regular preparation and execution of bi-annual stock takes.
- To ensure effective communication to all team members of store performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- To be accountable for health and safety matters for the store/concession
Competencies and Experience
- Demonstrable success gained as a sales consultant position with a recognised brand
- Preferably past experience as an assistant manager position preferably in a retail environment
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal
- Demonstrable sales skills
- Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Shows ‘hunger’ and ambition to drive through initiatives and change to achieve company targets
- Demonstrates an ability to plan the work of the team to achieve the company goals
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Is aware of constraints and analyses risks
- Ensure all team/department reporting is completed on a timely basis
- Works effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrates respect and politeness and regularly exceeds customer expectations
- Liaises frequently with customers to keep them fully informed
- Shows innovation and initiative in setting customer care standards
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly
Fresh, Passionate, Optimism, Liberated, Spirited, Alive
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Understand and represent the brand attributes
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
- Always presents a professional image
- Professionalism is maintained under all circumstances
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve targets
- Self-motivator and leader