Assistant Manager – St. Albans
An exciting opportunity has arisen at French Connection are we are looking for an Assistant Manager, could that be you?
The successful applicant will have comparable experience gained within a fast paced high street retailer, and will combine an outgoing personality with a genuine love of the French Connection brand.
Purpose of the role:
- Effectively assist with the overall operation of the store to ensure that store productivity, sales and profitability goals are achieved and exceeded
- Ensure that a premium level of customer service is being offered to each customer, and your team is adequately trained to deliver this
- Assist the Store Manager to control, manage and minimise all controllable costs efficiently (within planned budgets and targets)
Key areas of responsibility will be to assist the Store Manager in the following areas:
- Achieve and exceed sales and profit budgets, whilst ensuring corporate and individual productivity goals for the team and store are met
- Continually train, coach and develop employees to ensure that they are able to carry out their role effectively, identifying and addressing any performance issues within the team
- Promote and deliver excellence in visual standards in-line with company guidelines and expectations, whilst maintaining the highest housekeeping standards
- Maintain maximum stock availability through effective use of replenishment, whilst regularly reviewing your stock profile and liaising directly with the merchandising team to ensure you have the correct stock packages
- Any other ad hoc duties related to store management as outlined in your Job Description
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- a proven track record of driving sales
- the ability to excel in a commercially focused environment
- previous line management experience, preferably within a retail environment
- strong coaching and development skills in order to establish a high performance team
- demonstrates high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
- the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, should you have not received a response within 10 working days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We wish you well in your future career.